Healthy living in Miami is a big deal. In Miami, “Healthy living” encompasses a broad scope, everything from working out, grocery shopping, dining out and eating in. I suppose because we Miamians are lucky enough to spend so much time outdoors, everyone wants to look (and feel) their best. The DH is pretty keenly focused on his health and diet, so when the Nuti Ninja folks asked me if I could review their latest Nutri Ninja Auto iQ Compact System Blender with Smooth Boost, I figured it would be a perfect opportunity to try and come up with a little recipe he might like and would fit his health plan.
I enlisted the help of my personal trainer Jackie, since she loves healthy/clean eating and asked her to come up or find an easy recipe that would be tasty, easy and healthy. She rose to the challenge and brought me a recipe for these simple Flourless Coconut Date Balls. I stocked up on all the ingredients she asked me to get. (P.S. we used Trader Joe’s Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract. It smells just SO amazing. I wish they made candles with it! But of course, regular vanilla extract would work just as well.)
And we started unboxing the Nutri Ninja Auto iQ.
The Nutri Ninja Auto iQ comes with the blender base power unit, a 24oz stainless steel Nutri Ninja cup, a 24oz regular Nutri Ninja cup, a 48 oz. Multi serve Nutri Ninja Jumbo cup, and two lids, and a recipe book.
For our coconut date balls, we used the 48oz Nutri Ninja blend and prep jumbo cup/bowl. We started by adding the applesaucee, maple syrup, dates (no pits!), apricots and the bourbon vanilla extract.
Next we added the coconut, carrot, spices, and oats. The Nutri Ninja handled the mixture well and got it to a nice and sticky consistency with ease.
Using a spoon or thin spatula, scoop out a small portion of mixture to roll into a ball.
Take your rolled balls and add them to a bowl generously filled with coconut flakes and cover with the flakes, so your finished product looks like this:
The Nutri Ninja worked like a champ it was super easy to use and to set up. Our flourless coconut date balls came out yummy! They would be perfect for your Nutri Ninja Auto iQ recipes cookbook stash. Let me know how you like them!
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 Medjool dates
- 4 dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe's Pure Bourbon Vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp gound cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed cup shredded carrots
- Add dates, apricots, applesauce, syrup, vanilla extract and blend with a food processor or blender until all ingredients are well blended together.
- Next add cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, coconut, carrot and continue to mix together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour shredded coconut in a shallow bowl and use a teaspoon to make small balls of the dough and then roll them into the coconut mixture to coat well.
- Nutrient & vitamin extraction AND high performance all in one machine
- Next generation Auto-iQ™ Smooth Boost™ Technology that takes drink customization to a whole new level
- Features 1100-watt motor base
- Includes two 24-ounce Nutri Ninja Tritan Cups with two Sip & Seal Lids, 24-ounce stainless steel Nutri Ninja Cup, 40-ounce blend & prep bowl with dough/chopping blade, 48-ounce XL multi-serve Nutri Ninja, and a 30 recipe inspiration guide
- Additional attachment available for purchase is the first-ever coffee & spice grinder blender attachment
- Available at major retailers nationwide in September, starting at $129.99 MSRP
Disclosure: Nutri Ninja provided information and product in order to facilitate this review. As always, opinions stated are my own. Affiliate links in post. Mommy Mafia’s full disclosure policy is here.