Miami Coding Camps – Miami STEM Camps – Miami Minecraft Camps
It’s that time of the year again. Summer camp planning time. I’ve got calendar print-outs for June, July and August in front of me, a scratch pad full of notes, my computer and my credit card. I do my best to plan The Little Made Man’s summer with a mix-up variety of summer fun, outdoor/indoor activities and hopefully, still try to squeeze in a family vacation. And while it may only be March, us Miami moms know we have to book summer camp now, because those summer camp spots at the best camps fill up fast.
The summer camp he’s most excited about is the 2 week summer session he’ll spend at iD Tech Camp. Returning for it’s 15th year at the University of Miami, iD Tech Camp offers over 25 courses at UM’s gorgeous campus and has something to excite every techie interest out there. The Little Made Man chose the 2 week course, “Adventures in Game Design: Minecraft.” No surprise there, if you remember The Time Diamond Armor Minecraft Steve Was More Important Than Sleep. He’s already asking me, “When does Minecraft camp start?”
Why chose a tech camp for your child? Well, besides my son begging me to enroll him in a tech summer camp, Miami coding camps like iD Tech Camp help instill a passion for STEM education and learning. The fact that it’s right here at UM makes it a no brainer for our family. The University of Miami campus is offering sessions in such topics as: Adventures in Robotics, DIY: Build Your Own Laptop & Learn Coding, Video Production for YouTube, Coding 101 and Mobile Game Design for iPhone & Android just to name a few.
What makes iD Tech unique?
- 8:1 student-to-instructor ratio means each student gets personalized attention from tech-savvy instructors. Motivation is the key when learning something new, and that personalized instruction will help keep students excited about learning and wanting to keep building.
- Other South Florida locations include Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale, and Florida Atlantic University. iD Tech’s 150+ locations nationwide offer convenience; you can almost always find a camp nearby.
- All courses are designed for beginner to advanced learners. Customized curriculum is delivered in small clusters and individually tailored for each student.
- The entire iD Tech staff is comprised of adults ages 18 and over. There are no Counselors-in-Training. Students learn best from adults who have mastered their technology skills. Some instructors are tech industry professionals. Others are graduate and undergraduate students majoring in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, App Design, Film, and other related fields.
- Family Showcase. On the last day of camp, I’ll get to see instructors present each student with a personalized iD Tech Diploma and recap students’ key accomplishments. Students also get to unveil their final projects to parents and siblings, demonstrating all that they learned in just one week of camp.
- Balance is very important. Courses are fun and engaging, and completely unlike school. They want students to develop genuine passion for STEM subjects, and keep building year after year. Students spend roughly 5 hours a day of instruction, with plenty of time for supervised breaks, social time, outdoor play, optional sports, video games, and other creative summer activities.
More about iD Tech Camp Miami
- The University of Miami, in the Coral Gables suburb where kids and teens can build valuable STEM skills in an inspiring, collegiate setting. This is iD Tech’s 15th summer at UM where there are one week day and overnight options. Students get the true college experience learning in the facilities, eating in the dining halls, and staying in the dorms on campus.
Other highlights of iD Tech Camp That They Want To Share With You
We have a few new courses this year that we’re very excited about. We’re offering a cryptography course, Cryptography & Cyber Security at iD Tech Camps, where students learn how to encrypt data and keep information secure online. We also have a course called DIY: Build Your Own Laptop & Learn Coding, where students physically build a Pi-Top computer and learn to code on it, then take their computer home at the end of the week.
“Each year we do intensive research, including everything from online courses to tech conferences, to make sure we stay on the cutting edge of technology,” says Aurora Smith, Editor for iD Tech Camps. “Cyber security, and building computers are essential, in-demand skills that apply to a variety of career options, and we’re delighted to add them to our already comprehensive list of course offerings.”
Special iD Tech Promo code for Mommy Mafia readers
Save $100 on your child’s summer camp session with this special iD Tech Camp promo code: FLORIDATECH17. This promo code will work on any of iD Tech’s Miami coding camps, Miami Minecraft camps or any of their other Miami courses. But remember to book right away, these classes are super popular and spaces will go quick.
About iD Tech
iD Tech is the leader in summer STEM education programs for students ages 6–18. Over 275,000 students have attended iD Tech since 1999. Camps are held at over 150 prestigious campuses in the United States, including the University of Miami. In addition to iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17, iD Tech also offers early-education STEM programs, all-girls tech camps, teen-only academies, and an online learning platform. Learn more at iDTech.com.