The New IKEA Miami celebrates the Grand Opening of their new store in a big way and they want you there to join in on the fun! I had the opportunity to take a first look at the new store (me, all by myself shopping in IKEA? Heavenly!) Well, the shiny new store is everything you know IKEA to be, great and distinct home products at great prices.
Here’s a list of all the exciting giveaways going on to celebrate IKEA Miami’s Grand Opening:
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- Rest Assured – The first 39 adults (18 and older) in line for the IKEA Miami grand opening on August 27, 2014 will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our new 39th U.S. store.
- Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 and older) in line at the IKEA Miami grand opening on August 27, 2014 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
- For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (younger than 18) in line at IKEA Miami’s grand opening on August 27, 2014 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 and older) to visit IKEA Miami on August 27, 2014 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or frozen yogurt voucher.
- Happy Birthday to You and Us – Visitors bringing proof to IKEA Miami on August 27, 2014 that their birthday is the same as the store’s can receive a gift card in the amount of $30.50, a tie-in with the prominent Miami-Dade area code.
- Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From August 27 through August 31, 2014, visitors to IKEA Miami may enter a drawing to win one of ten $450 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching more than twice the amount of those prizes (a total of $10,000 per organization) with a donation to National YoungArts Foundation, a group that identifies and supports the next generation of visual, literary, performing and design artists, and Amigos for Kids, a Miami organization committed to child abuse prevention and awareness.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
- Sleep Like Royalty – The first 39 adults (18 and older) in IKEA Miami on Thursday, August 28, 2014 will receive a free queen-sized SULTAN HALLEN mattress.
Take it Easy – The next 100 adults (18 and older) in IKEA Miami on Thursday, August 28, 2014 will receive free home delivery for their purchases on that day.
Friday, August 29, 2014
- Meatballs for a Year – The first 39 adults (one per immediate family) in IKEA Miami on Friday, August 29, 2014 will receive a voucher for the equivalent of a weekly meatball meal for a family of four at IKEA Miami’s Restaurant through next year, expiring on August 21, 2015.
- Swedish Food Shopping Spree – The next 100 adults (18 or older) in IKEA Miami on Friday, August 29, 2014 will receive an IKEA Food tote bag and a voucher to fill the bag up with whatever they want from IKEA Miami’s Swedish Food market.
- A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 305 visitors in IKEA Miami on Friday, August 29, 2014 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at IKEA Miami’s Exit Bistro.
- Kids Eat Free – Children 12 & under can eat for free at IKEA Miami on Friday, August 29, 2014. Wednesday, August 27 – Monday, September 1, 2014
- Play Big If You’re Little – Face-painting for kids, caricature artists, music and entertainmentwill enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Miami from August 27 through September 1, 2014.
ADDITIONAL OFFERS AT IKEA MIAMI
IKEA Miami is a fun day out for the family with:
- Småland, a supervised children’s play area (for children 37”-54” in height) that replicates the look of a typical Swedish farmhouse and forest;
- Additional play areas throughout the store, offering activities for kids shopping with parents;
- A “Children’s IKEA” area in the Showroom that also offers fun, interactive play; and
- Attention-to-detail amenities such as family-friendly parking, strollers and baby care rooms.
- IKEA Miami shopping conveniences include:
- Free design appointments with a furnishings consultant;
- IKEA catalogs, measuring tape, pencils, store maps, yellow shopping bags and 3 types of carts;
- Same-day shopping satisfaction with products in easy-to-transport flat-pack boxes that benefit thecustomer and the environment;
- 26 checkouts to ensure efficient customer purchasing; and
- Warehouse picking, home-delivery, assembly, and kitchen planning and installation services.
The 2015 IKEA Catalog has arrived – themed “Where the Everyday Begins and Ends”
This catalog highlights products for where people sleep and get ready every morning and night – the bedroom and the bathroom. IKEA Miami will have copies for customers who want one.
IKEA Miami 1801 NW 117th Avenue Sweetwater, FL 33172 (305) 599-3327
IKEA Miami Opening Day Hours on Wednesday, August 27:
9:00am – 9:00pm
Regular Store Hours beginning Thursday, August 28:
Monday – Saturday, 10:00am – 9:00pm Sunday, 10:00am – 8:00pm
IKEA is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.