You stare at those 10 tiny fingers and 10 tiny toes, those big round eyes and listen to those giggling coos and all you can think of is, “I am going to do everything I can for you, this amazing tiny child of mine. I am going to give you the world. The absolute world.” And you mean every one of those words. What does it mean to give your child “the world”? It means unconditional love, care, protection and giving that child the best life you can provide for because that little being is now your absolute world. In the short term, it means diaper changes and sleepless nights. In the near future, it means family trips to Disney and singing along to cartoon theme songs. In what feels like a million years from now, it means schooling and college.
You’ve probably heard of Florida Prepaid College Plans, but didn’t pay much attention to it, because college is so far away from this moment. But it really isn’t. The reality is, that teeny-tiny being your watching sleep in his crib will be ready for college in just 17 more years. And if you think the price of diapers are expensive now, wait until it’s time to pay for tuition.
Parents have plenty of questions about Florida Prepaid, here are some of the most common:
Is Florida Prepaid Right For My Family?
- Florida Prepaid isn’t restricted to Florida schools; the amount covered by your Prepaid Plan can be used at schools nationwide.
- If you move out of Florida after purchasing a Prepaid Plan, your child would still be billed at in-state tuition rates when using their plan at a Florida college or state university.
- If your child doesn’t go to college, you can change the beneficiary of the Prepaid Plan or get your money back.
A few things you may not know about Florida Prepaid College Plans:
- Florida Prepaid College Plans allow you to prepay the future cost of college. When your child is ready for college, the plan pays the tuition, tuition differential fee and other specified fees covered under the plan.
- Guaranteed – Every Prepaid Plan is guaranteed by the State of Florida, so you will never lose your investment.
- Nationwide – Even if your child attends an out-of-state or private college, the plan will pay the same amount as it would pay at a public college or university in Florida.
- Scholarships – If your child receives a scholarship, you can get a refund for the same amount as the plan would pay a public college or university in Florida.
- 10 Years – Your child has up to 10 years after his or her year of projected enrollment to use the plan.
You can enroll in a Prepaid Plan now through February 28, 2017, and there is no payment due until April 20, 2017.
For more information about how a Florida Prepaid College Plan can work for you and for your family, please be sure to visit: www.myfloridaprepaid.com
For a very limited time, you can save on registration by using the Florida Prepaid College promo code: BLOG1617
This post was sponsored by Florida Prepaid