My favorite movie of the summer is finally being released and I couldn’t be more excited about it. The summer blockbuster, from Disney- The Jungle Book arrives on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on August 23 August 23rd and on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on August 30.
To celebrate, Disney sent over some FREE Jungle Book Activity sheets perfect for a little pre-movie watching party. One of my favorite Mafia Moms let me come over and we had so much fun “transforming” her adorable little daughters into a wild tiger and jaguar with a little face paint and mommy’s eyeliner stash. To be perfectly honest, I’ve never in my life done face painting beyond my own cat-eye liner and lipgloss, so this was an adventure for me too, lol. But look how cute they turned out! Precious! Oops! I mean ferocious! Rwarrrrrr!
Quick & Easy Jungle Book Party Ideas:
– Face painting kit. Ask them who their favorite jungle animal is. Don’t be scared of the face paint. Google images or Pinterest have lots and lots of tips.
– Simple snacks like licorice jungle “vines”, bananas “for the little monkeys”, “animal” crackers.
– Download The Jungle Book Soundtrack to play in the background of your pre-movie watching party.
– Download and print out the free Jungle Book activity sheets below.
Who knew a little face paint, some snacks and activity sheets to encourage discussion of jungle animals and jungle life would make for such a fun little afternoon? All of the activity sheets are simple to print at home and they include a memory game, shadow puppets, and animal leaf art- you know, all the “Bear necessities” for an easy Jungle Book party. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to pick up your own copy of The Jungle Book on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on August 23 August 23rd and on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on August 30. (And for those of you feeling a little nostalgic for the original animated version, you can still pick that up on amazon.com.)
Free Jungle Book Activity Sheets (Just click and print!)
About Disney’s The Jungle Book: Audiences were mesmerized by Disney’s live-action epic adventure “The Jungle Book,” which has earned more than $911 million at the global box office to date. Critically acclaimed, Jon Favreau’s stunning live-action reimagining of Walt Disney’s animated classic, will be available early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on August 23, and on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on August 30.
Venture behind the scenes with in-depth bonus features that reveal the innovative filmmaking technology used to create the richly immersive jungle world and characters; Follow the journey of the film’s only on-screen actor, charismatic newcomer Neel Sethi (Mowgli); Delve into a candid and humorous scene-by-scene audio commentary with director Jon Favreau and meet the all-star voice cast who help bring the film’s colorful characters to life, as well as the musicians who accent the adventure with a majestic music score.
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- “The Jungle Book” Reimagined– Favreau sits down with producer Brigham Taylor and visual effects supervisor Robert Legato to discuss “The Jungle Book” and reflect on the years they devoted to the reimagining of this timeless tale. Discover how Rudyard Kipling’s original stories and the classic animated film influenced their unique approach, witness the technical wizardry that enabled the team to create a believable and thrilling movie-going experience, and learn how they borrowed a page from Walt Disney’s innovation playbook to make it all happen. Lastly, meet the all-star voice cast who help bring the film’s colorful characters to life, as well as the musicians who accent the adventure with a majestic music score.
- I Am Mowgli– Follow the extraordinary journey of 12-year-old Neel Sethi, who was selected from thousands of hopefuls worldwide to play Mowgli “alongside” some of today’s biggest movie stars. Get a glimpse of Neel’s life before Hollywood came calling, check out his audition that sealed the deal, and see how a close-working relationship with Favreau brought out his best. Plus, Neel shares how filming “The Jungle Book” was one wild ride, from working alongside imaginary animals to performing some super-fun stunts.
- King Louie’s Temple: Layer by Layer– So, exactly how do you create a musical number featuring one man-cub, a massive, legendary ape and an army of wild and wily monkeys in the Seeonee jungle? Viewers are granted rare and unique access to the development of the “I Wan’na Be Like You” sequence in which King Louie attempts to coerce Mowgli into giving up Man’s deadly “red flower” (fire). A fast-moving musical progression reel showcases storyboards, animatics, Christopher Walken’s recording session and visual effects layers, which ultimately merge to form one of the film’s most memorable scenes.
- Audio Commentary– Favreau delivers his scene-by-scene perspective on the live-action adventure “The Jungle Book” with all the candor and humor you’d expect from this multi-talented actor-writer-director-producer.
Get social! #JungleBook
Looking for more FREE Disney printables including coloring pages and activity sheets? There’s a bunch here.
Affiliate links in post.
Leave a Reply